Associate Professor Kathryn Mumford
Dr Kathryn Mumford is an Associate Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Kathryn's research interests are in the areas of separations processes specifically ion exchange, solvent absorption and solvent extraction technologies. These interests range from the manufacture of novel materials, to the development of novel thermodynamic models to predict performance, and onto large scale implementation in the mining, energy, environmental and waste water processing fields.
Kathryn currently teaches into the Masters of Engineering (Chemical) program, namely Chemical Engineering Management and Heat and Mass Transport Processes subjects.
- Wu Y, Alivand MS, Hu G, Stevens G, Mumford K. Nucleation kinetics of glycine promoted concentrated potassium carbonate solvents for carbon dioxide absorption. Chemical Engineering Journal. Elsevier Science. 2020, Vol. 381. DOI: 10.1016/j.cej.2019.122712
- Li W, Wang Y, Lu H, Mumford K, Smith K, Stevens G. Comparison of mass transfer performance of pulsed columns with Tenova kinetics internals and standard disc and doughnut internals. Hydrometallurgy. Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 186. DOI: 10.1016/j.hydromet.2019.04.015
- Hong T, Luo J, Mumford K, Stevens G, Zheng S. Desilication of concentrated alkali solution by novel desilication reagent calcium hydroferrocarbonate: Part III. Standard thermodynamics investigation of desilication reaction using hydroferrite desilication reagents. Hydrometallurgy. Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 187. DOI: 10.1016/j.hydromet.2019.05.011
- Alivand MS, Mazaheri O, Wu Y, Stevens G, Scholes C, Mumford K. Development of aqueous-based phase change amino acid solvents for energy-efficient CO2 capture: The role of antisolvent. Applied Energy. Elsevier. 2019, Vol. 256. DOI: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.113911
- McQuillan R, Stevens G, Mumford K. Electrochemical removal of naphthalene from contaminated waters using carbon electrodes, and viability for environmental deployment.. J Hazard Mater. Elsevier BV. 2019, Vol. 383. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2019.121244
- Chang J, Jia F, Srinivasakannan C, Mumford K, Yang X. Impure ions removal from multicomponent leach solution of nickel sulfide concentrates by solvent extraction in impinging stream rotating packed bed. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING AND PROCESSING-PROCESS INTENSIFICATION. Elsevier. 2019, Vol. 137. DOI: 10.1016/j.cep.2019.02.001
- Tan WF, Wang YC, Mumford K, Li JX, Xu XM, Ding L. Performances of purified indigenous Leifsonia sp. and its mechanism in the removal of Cr(VI) under shaking condition. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology. 2019, Vol. 16, Issue 8. DOI: 10.1007/s13762-018-2071-6
- Moore T, Biviano M, Mumford K, Dagastine R, Stevens G, Webley P. Solvent Impregnated Polymers for Carbon Capture. INDUSTRIAL & ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY RESEARCH. American Chemical Society. 2019, Vol. 58, Issue 16. DOI: 10.1021/acs.iecr.8b05603
- Fronczyk J, Mumford K. The Impact of Temperature on the Removal of Inorganic Contaminants Typical of Urban Stormwater. Applied Sciences. MDPI AG. 2019, Vol. 9, Issue 7. DOI: 10.3390/app9071273
- Hu G, Smith K, Wu Y, Mumford K, Kentish S, Stevens G. Carbon dioxide capture by solvent absorption using amino acids: A review. CHINESE JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING. Chemical Industry Press. 2018, Vol. 26, Issue 11. DOI: 10.1016/j.cjche.2018.08.003
- Li W, Wang Y, Mumford K, Smith K, Stevens G. Comparison of the Axial Dispersion Performance of Pulsed Solvent Extraction Columns with Tenova Pulsed Column-Kinetics Internals and Standard Disc and Doughnut Internals. SOLVENT EXTRACTION AND ION EXCHANGE. Marcel Dekker. 2018, Vol. 36, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1080/07366299.2018.1495688
- Yang L, Tan W-F, Mumford K, Ding L, Lv J-W, Zhang X-W, Wang H-Q. Effects of phosphorus-rich sawdust biochar sorption on heavy metals. SEPARATION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2018, Vol. 53, Issue 17. DOI: 10.1080/01496395.2018.1470641
- Moore T, Mumford K, Stevens G, Webley P. Enhancement in Specific Absorption Rate By Solvent Microencapsulation. AICHE JOURNAL. American Institute of Chemical Engineers. 2018, Vol. 64, Issue 11. DOI: 10.1002/aic.16366
- Schmuecker C, Stevens G, Mumford K. Liquid marble formation and solvent vapor treatment of the biodegradable polymers polylactic acid and polycaprolactone. JOURNAL OF COLLOID AND INTERFACE SCIENCE. Academic Press. 2018, Vol. 514. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcis.2017.12.033
- Wu Y, Wu F, Hu G, Mirza N, Stevens G, Mumford K. Modelling of a post-combustion carbon dioxide capture absorber using potassium carbonate solvent in Aspen Custom Modeller. CHINESE JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING. Chemical Industry Press. 2018, Vol. 26, Issue 11. DOI: 10.1016/j.cjche.2018.06.005
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile