Dr Qiang Sun
- Acoustic wave scattering
- Electrostatics and Electrodynamics
- Fluid mechanics
- Interface interactions
- Robust boundary integral methods (boundary element methods)
Dr. Qiang Sun commenced DECRA within the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Melbourne in August 2015. He has built up a broad research portfolio on undertaking outstanding cross-disciplinary research in the areas of fluid mechanics, colloidal and surface science, electromagnetic and acoustic scattering where his expertise is focused on the theoretical and numerical aspects of these fields. In particular, he developed the robust boundary regularised integral methods for a wide range of problems, including free surface movement phenomena, cavitation bubble oscillations, Stokes drag calculations, the scattering of sound waves and electrostatic interactions in colloidal and molecular systems. Also, the revolutionary field-only non-singular surface integral method for electromagnetic scattering he developed demonstrates a powerful tool to study the local field enhancement effects due to multi-scale scattering of interest to applications in micro-photonics.
- Xu H, Sun Q. Heat transfer of nano fluid flow in microchannels with electrokinetic and slippery effects. International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow. Emerald. 2019.
- Khan NMD, Xu H, Zhao Q, Sun Q. Analysis of Mixed Convection in a Vertical Channel in the Presence of Electrical Double Layers. ZEITSCHRIFT FUR NATURFORSCHUNG SECTION A-A JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES. 2018, Vol. 73, Issue 8. DOI: 10.1515/zna-2018-0097
- Di H, Martin G, Sun Q, Xie D, Dunstan D. Detailed, real-time characterization of particle deposition during crossflow filtration as influenced by solution properties. JOURNAL OF MEMBRANE SCIENCE. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 555. DOI: 10.1016/j.memsci.2018.03.021
- Xu H, Pop I, Sun Q. Fluid flow driven along microchannel by its upper stretching wall with electrokinetic effects. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition). 2018, Vol. 39, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1007/s10483-017-2307-7
- Klaseboer E, Sun Q, Chan D. Helmholtz Decomposition and Boundary Element Method Applied to Dynamic Linear Elastic Problems. Journal of Elasticity. 2018. DOI: 10.1007/s10659-018-09710-y
- Klaseboer E, Sun Q, Chan D. Field-only integral equation method for time domain scattering of electromagnetic pulses. APPLIED OPTICS. Optical Society of America. 2017, Vol. 56, Issue 34. DOI: 10.1364/AO.56.009377
- Klaseboer E, Sun Q, Chan D. Nonsingular Field-Only Surface Integral Equations for Electromagnetic Scattering. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ANTENNAS AND PROPAGATION. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 65, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1109/TAP.2016.2632619
- Sun Q, Klaseboer E, Chan D. Robust multiscale field-only formulation of electromagnetic scattering. PHYSICAL REVIEW B. American Physical Society. 2017, Vol. 95, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.95.045137
- Flanders SJ, Sun Q, Chon JWM. Simple field enhancement formulation for gold bipyramids for application in two-photon luminescence and scattering. NANOPHOTONICS AUSTRALASIA 2017. SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering. 2017, Vol. 10456. Editors: Chon JWM, Jia B. DOI: 10.1117/12.2283372
- Sun Q, Klaseboer E, Chan D. A robust and accurate formulation of molecular and colloidal electrostatics. JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL PHYSICS. American Institute of Physics. 2016, Vol. 145, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1063/1.4960033
- Zhao Q, Xu H, Tao L, Raees A, Sun Q. Three-dimensional free bio-convection of nanofluid near stagnation point on general curved isothermal surface. APPLIED MATHEMATICS AND MECHANICS-ENGLISH EDITION. 2016, Vol. 37, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1007/s10483-016-2046-9
- Sun Q, Lim K-M, Lee HP, Khoo BC. Air Drag on a Stratospheric Balloon in Tropical Regions. 2015 Academic High Altitude Conference. 2015.
- Sun Q, Klaseboer E, Khoo BC, Chan D. Boundary regularized integral equation formulation of Stokes flow. PHYSICS OF FLUIDS. American Institute of Physics. 2015, Vol. 27, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1063/1.4907279
- Sun Q, Klaseboer E, Khoo B-C, Chan D. Boundary regularized integral equation formulation of the Helmholtz equation in acoustics. ROYAL SOCIETY OPEN SCIENCE. The Royal Society Publishing. 2015, Vol. 2, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1098/rsos.140520
- Raees A, Xu H, Sun Q, Pop I. Mixed convection in gravity-driven nano-liquid film containing both nanoparticles and gyrotactic microorganisms. APPLIED MATHEMATICS AND MECHANICS-ENGLISH EDITION. 2015, Vol. 36, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1007/s10483-015-1901-7
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile