Dr Kathryn Mumford
Dr Kathryn Mumford is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Kathryn's research interests are in the areas of separations processes specifically ion exchange, solvent absorption and solvent extraction technologies. These interests range from the manufacture of novel materials, to the development of novel thermodynamic models to predict performance, and onto large scale implementation in the mining, energy, environmental and waste water processing fields.
Kathryn currently teaches into the Masters of Engineering (Chemical) program, namely Chemical Engineering Management and Heat and Mass Transport Processes subjects.
- Yang L, Tan WF, Mumford K, Ding L, Lv JW, Zhang XW, Wang HQ. Effects of phosphorus-rich sawdust biochar sorption on heavy metals. Separation Science and Technology (Philadelphia). Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2018. DOI: 10.1080/01496395.2018.1470641
- Schmuecker C, Stevens G, Mumford K. Liquid marble formation and solvent vapor treatment of the biodegradable polymers polylactic acid and polycaprolactone. JOURNAL OF COLLOID AND INTERFACE SCIENCE. Academic Press. 2018, Vol. 514. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcis.2017.12.033
- Ma J, Stevens G, Mumford K. The effect of temperature on hydrocarbon adsorption by diphenyldichlorosilane coated zeolite and its application in permeable reactive barriers in cold regions. COLD REGIONS SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 145. DOI: 10.1016/j.coldregions.2017.10.020
- McQuillan RV, Stevens G, Mumford K. The electrochemical regeneration of granular activated carbons: A review. Journal of Hazardous Materials. Elsevier BV. 2018, Vol. 355. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2018.04.079
- Ma J, Stevens G, Mumford K. The performance of diphenyldichlorosilane coated ammonium exchange zeolite and its application in the combination of adsorption and biodegradation of hydrocarbon contaminated ground water. Chemical Engineering Journal. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 347. DOI: 10.1016/j.cej.2018.04.115
- Freidman B, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. A bio-reactive barrier sequence for petroleum hydrocarbon capture and degradation in low nutrient environments. INTERNATIONAL BIODETERIORATION & BIODEGRADATION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 116. DOI: 10.1016/j.ibiod.2016.09.025
- Wang Y, Yi H, Smith K, Mumford K, Stevens G. Axial Dispersion in a Pulsed and Nonpulsed Disc and Doughnut Solvent Extraction Column. INDUSTRIAL & ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY RESEARCH. American Chemical Society. 2017, Vol. 56, Issue 14. DOI: 10.1021/acs.iecr.6b04353
- Freidman B, Speirs LBM, Churchill J, Gras S, Tucci J, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. Biofilm communities and biodegradation within permeable reactive barriers at fuel spill sites in Antarctica. INTERNATIONAL BIODETERIORATION & BIODEGRADATION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 125. DOI: 10.1016/j.ibiod.2017.08.008
- Li W, Wang Y, Mumford K, Smith K, Stevens G. Comparison of the Hydrodynamic Performance of Pulsed Solvent Extraction Columns with Tenova Pulsed Column Kinetics Internals and Standard Disc and Doughnut Internals for Copper Extraction Using the LIX 84 System. SOLVENT EXTRACTION AND ION EXCHANGE. Marcel Dekker. 2017, Vol. 35, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1080/07366299.2017.1344487
- Grabin T, Smith K, Mumford K, Wang Y, Stevens G. Effect of Plate Wettability on Dispersed-Phase Holdup in a Pulsed Disc-and-Doughnut Solvent Extraction Column. SOLVENT EXTRACTION AND ION EXCHANGE. Marcel Dekker. 2017, Vol. 35, Issue 7. DOI: 10.1080/07366299.2017.1399570
- Freidman B, Northcott K, Thiel P, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. From urban municipalities to polar bioremediation: the characterisation and contribution of biogenic minerals for water treatment. JOURNAL OF WATER AND HEALTH. IWA Publishing. 2017, Vol. 15, Issue 3. DOI: 10.2166/wh.2017.019
- Mirza N, Mumford K, Wu Y, Mazhar S, Kentish S, Stevens G. Improved Eutectic Based Solvents for Capturing Carbon Dioxide (CO2). 13th International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies (GHGT). Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 114. Editors: Dixon T, Laloui L, Twinning S. DOI: 10.1016/j.egypro.2017.03.1909
- Chen S, Hu G, Smith K, Mumford K, Zhang Y, Stevens G. Kinetics of CO2 Absorption in an Ethylethanolamine Based Solution. INDUSTRIAL & ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY RESEARCH. American Chemical Society. 2017, Vol. 56, Issue 43. DOI: 10.1021/acs.iecr.7b02932
- Qader A, Webley P, Stevens G, Hooper B, Harkin T, Wiley DE, Kentish S, Scholes C, Smith K, Mumford K, Chen V. Learnings from CO2CRC Capture Pilot Plant testing - assessing technology development. 13th International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies (GHGT). Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 114. Editors: Dixon T, Laloui L, Twinning S. DOI: 10.1016/j.egypro.2017.03.1723
- Wang Y, Yi H, Smith K, Mumford K, Stevens G. Mass transfer in a pulsed and non-pulsed disc and doughnut (PDD) solvent extraction column. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING SCIENCE. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 165. DOI: 10.1016/j.ces.2017.02.011
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile